Shawtec respects the environment by developing and operating sustainable business practices.
Sustainability requires that we pay attention to the entire life cycle of our products from manufacture to
end of life disposal. We carry out practical initiatives to maintain a sustainable environment by minimising
pollution, responsible use of resources, and implementing recycling initiatives.
We believe in being a good steward of all resources that go into our products and services. We
are continually improving our work practices and refining the components of our products by locating and
increasing the use of environmentally preferable options.
Some of our Environmental Initiatives include:
- Minimising wastage and maximising efficiency in the consumption of raw materials within
the manufacturing process.
- Minimising energy consumption and promote initiatives such as the use of natural
- Recycling and re-using packaging materials where possible.
- Using timber and timber products
sourced from plantation forests that are certified and regulated by
- Shipping in bulk to reduce packaging
waste and allow for items to fit on delivery trucks, limiting emissions and use of fossil
- Managing waste effectively.
- Engaging suppliers who support healthy environmental